Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction pvuchetich

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 paulvuch

paulvuch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hi  folks,

I can tell I'm in good company here. I'm learning more everyday and I'm still excited about where we're going with technology, particularly computers, tablets, cell phones & more. This Bleeping site has a lot of cutting edge info for people who want to FIX things (aj2, I hear you) and make things work better.

IBM 360 mainframes were the big thing when I was graduating college with a Minors in Computer Science!  I have played with and built computers since the early days of cp/m (Osborne, Kaypro, TRS, Ibm), when programs like Wordstar, supercalc and dbase were the coupe de gras and personal computer hardware was moving from 8" floppies to 5.25" with no harddrives. .  Wow, then dual-sided!  Wow!  Then 720 3.5 disks and 1.44 floppies!  Wow.  Bulletin Boards for free exchanges of all sorts of programs!  Wow!  Commodore 64 was my first game-ish computer and I had all the bells and whisles.  My kids cut their computer teeth on "Winter/Summer Games", frogger and super mario brothers.  Bulletin Boards to get all the latest games and utilities for specific equipment were accessed through 300/1200/2400.....56k baud modems and you had to know how to find phone numbers for them to get the info you wanted.  Telephone access was the main connection to the internet and you used AOL, Compuserve, MSN or one of a myriad of other competitors.

Fast forward to today: there are Xboxes and playstations for games, Adobe Products, Open Office, Microsoft Office for productivity, 100mb/sec internet connections, google and you tube for entertainment and  to find answers to the most perplexing issues (often leading to "Bleeping").  There are good Linux operating systems and Mac's for those tired of virus fighting within the Microsoft Windows communities, and oh, so much more.   I could go on and on into my background concerning computers in avionics,  manufacturing's uses of computers to monitor and adjust all phases of production.  My background: Pilot, Manufacturing Technician,  IT Professional (gov't & private bus), late linux learner and more....I'm always fixing someone's computer or process and constantly improving/changing my own repertoire of multiple desktops/laptops/tablets/android tv boxes/smartphones and more!  LOL.  

..still in the thick of it!  :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users