Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to load pages like Google and Facebook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 itsaboutime

itsaboutime

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hey guys,

Recently, I've suddenly been unable to load pages like Google and Facebook in my google chrome browser. I get an error page that says: cannot connect to the real www.google.com

It's never happened before.

I checked out my settings in chrome, and my proxy is apparently set to 127.0.0.1 and port 49257.

This isn't the usual proxy I use to connect. Usually its proxy.singnet.com.sg, port 8080. When I manually key this in, then the pages can load.

I tried running hitman pro and I got a result that said "Proxy server on this computer (User)", internet explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the internet.

So I just clicked repair, and it seemed to work.

However, when I came back home and booted up my computer again, the proxy settings went back to that 127 thingy.

This only happens in my google chrome browser though. I tried reinstalling it but it didnt help.

Hope to hear from you guys on this. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 itsaboutime

itsaboutime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

some help? =)

#3 Ninous

Ninous

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

And other sites load normally inside Chrome, except Google and Facebook?

Did you try to clean up cookies and cache memory in Chrome? It could be saturated or something.. :huh:

Or if nothing works, maybe reinstall it with reseting all user settings and everything..

BTW you can also try to load these pages in "Incognito mode" (private window), then see if it works.

Hope something above will help :)

Regards,
Ninous

#4 itsaboutime

itsaboutime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

And other sites load normally inside Chrome, except Google and Facebook?

Did you try to clean up cookies and cache memory in Chrome? It could be saturated or something.. :huh:

Or if nothing works, maybe reinstall it with reseting all user settings and everything..

BTW you can also try to load these pages in "Incognito mode" (private window), then see if it works.

Hope something above will help :)

Regards,
Ninous

Seems like sites that begin with https can't load with an error message that goes:

your connection is not private.

This is resolved when I change the proxy settings.

Can't load them in incognito mode too.

Guess I'm really just wondering why the proxy settings keep going back to the odd one that doesn't work. Is that a virus thing, or just a system setting that I need to change?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users