Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: Page fault in non-paged

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

So i was browsing some webpages (local stores for electronical stuff like tvs in my country) and suddenly i got my first ever BSOD in this system. Ive been running this W7 copy since beginning of 2011 without problems

Here is the log

==================================================
Dump File         : 082014-33415-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 8/20/2014 10:23:30
Bug Check String  : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code    : 0x00000050
Parameter 1       : fffff8a0`fd015cd9
Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3       : fffff800`032ea28e
Parameter 4       : 00000000`00000005
Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+80640
File Description  : NT Kernel & System
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+80640
Stack Address 1   :
Stack Address 2   :
Stack Address 3   :
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\082014-33415-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 4
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 7601
Dump File Size    : 291,496
Dump File Time    : 8/20/2014 10:24:45
==================================================

I haven't done anything special and i always clean my PC with compressor air cairfully but it look new all the time no dust etc. Im not runnig AV only Windows 7 FW plus my ASUS router with Linux kernel.
AMD 955
GTX 460
4 GB DDR3 XMSS @ 1600Mhz

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Dump file
http://www.speedyshare.com/TcQGG/082014-33415-01.dmp

Speccy snapshot
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/K00hQdkXcAVrDNAyD07iIL1

And as i said this came first time today never seen it before. Last installed program is Nero Burning software version 15!

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

Not using antivirus is not a good idea. Same with Windows Updates -- you don't have them autoconfigured. Are you installing updates regularly? I highly recommend installing antivirus protection of some sort, and making sure your updates are up to date. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

If there's no new hardware or a conflict with existing antivirus software, that still leaves a faulty system service and/or problems with the file system volume as potential causes.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

#4 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

Not using antivirus is not a good idea. Same with Windows Updates -- you don't have them autoconfigured. Are you installing updates regularly? I highly recommend installing antivirus protection of some sort, and making sure your updates are up to date. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

If there's no new hardware or a conflict with existing antivirus software, that still leaves a faulty system service and/or problems with the file system volume as potential causes.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I know that using an AV is highly recommended, though i never experienced anything malicious coming into my system so far. I have Malwarebytes updated along with Superantispyware to remove tracking cookies on regular basis. Windows Update i never use, i downloaded the newest avaible Windows 7 64bit ISO file from below quote. I disabled Nero burning update service and haven't seen a BSOD again. Can a BSOD appear without a real hardware failure like a temporary one time bsod that i will not see again?

The Windows 7 ISO images hosted on Digital River is genuine and official version, and the downloads from the server is legal.

#5 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

If you read through the second link in my initial post, you'll see the blue screen bugcheck code could be the result of one of a number of things, not just hardware problems. The blue screen could well have been caused by the Nero update service.

Again, not using Windows Updates isn't a good idea either. Security flaws in the WIndows 7 OS are going unpatched on your system, and Malwarebytes and Superantispyware won't necessarily protect you against that. Plus, if you are updating other applications on your system, like Nero, you will run into compatibility issues with the OS if updates aren't applied to it as well.

If it blue screens again, post back.

#6 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

If you read through the second link in my initial post, you'll see the blue screen bugcheck code could be the result of one of a number of things, not just hardware problems. The blue screen could well have been caused by the Nero update service.

Again, not using Windows Updates isn't a good idea either. Security flaws in the WIndows 7 OS are going unpatched on your system, and Malwarebytes and Superantispyware won't necessarily protect you against that. Plus, if you are updating other applications on your system, like Nero, you will run into compatibility issues with the OS if updates aren't applied to it as well.

If it blue screens again, post back.

Thanks for your response, i will post back ASAP if it appears again. Let's hope not shall we :D
Regarding the Windows updates i preferr using the newest available ISO file. All the security updates that Microsoft releases and finds nowdays are like 100%  based on

Services i don't have running at all but are set to Stopped always.
Internet Explorer
Other settings i have turned off

#7 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

That's certainly an interesting way to configure things. Although constantly reinstalling the OS may not be good for the OS or the hard drive. One possible cause of the 0x00000050 bugcheck error is problems with the file system volume on the hard drive.

#8 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

That's certainly an interesting way to configure things. Although constantly reinstalling the OS may not be good for the OS or the hard drive. One possible cause of the 0x00000050 bugcheck error is problems with the file system volume on the hard drive.

Is it possible that this BSOD came from my disconnected Western Digital external Harddrive, despite the fact that its still connected to the USB port i have used the "safely remove usb" feature in tray.

#9 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Was the external hard drive connected to the computer when it blue screened? If so, connect it again and see if the computer blue screens again. If it does, uninstall and reinstall the driver for it.
If the external drive wasn't connected when you got the blue screen, it's most likely not the cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users