Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware/Virus Affecting Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ahmedatia

ahmedatia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hello,

I am using a computer that runs on windows 7. When I use google chrome to browse the internet, popups will randomly appear as I surf the web. In addition, when I click on links, I am sometimes rerouted to a totally different page that shows me unwanted offers and ads. I ran AVG antivirus and discovered 3 infections: 1) Trojan Generic, 2) EID_pe_iscorrupted, and 3) Win/DH.

Please help to completely remove these threats and secure the performance of my computer once more. If there is any additional information needed, please let me know. I greatly appreciate your time and effort. 

Thank you,

Ahmed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

Hello Ahmed and Welcome -

First, is there a reason why you use Chrome browser, as I have found it to be the least safe so far.

Note : This is only my personal opinion after using it for a short time recently.

Download all programs to Desktop and Copy and Paste all requested logs.

At the end of each post please tell us if things have improved or gone bad (you are my eyes).

Please read the posts first, and post back if you do not understand fully ...................

If you have any questions, take your time and ask them as we go.

If you have these first few programs installed, delete them and install fresh versions - I can also help with that .

First - This is a "basic clean-up" and we will go further depending on your answers.

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
 A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
 This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
 At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
 Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

NOW : Be aware that this program will reboot your system, so close all open programs first.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button only once to ensure accurate reports
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • Check the removals and see if you are OK with the list.

- If you are not sure, post AdwCleaner[R0].txt back here

• Now
  • Click on the Clean button only once for accurate reports
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again and allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and Paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.

A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next  :

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Temporarily Disable your Antivirus now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

These next scans will help to tell us if your programs are updated and correct :

Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
  • Please Copy/Paste the contents of that document.
    Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do

If there is any problem, please continue with the next step ..........

Next :

Please download MiniToolBox  to desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:

• List content of Hosts
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Thank You -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

As there has been no reply to this topic for over 10 days, please start a New Topic

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users