Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting cookies

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

I did read the pinned topic. :)

A couple of questions:

1. What's the worst that can happen if I delete all cookies? Will I not be able to access some features of some websites?
  2. I see that Firefox allows me to delete selected cookies and provides a search function so I can locate them. Can I count on the name of the cookie being the same as the name of the website? If I search for "Amazon", can I be guaranteed of finding all of the cookies used by Amazon?

Thanks

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

As for your #1, the worst that can happen is that some web-sites may take a little longer to load, you will have to enter local info into web-sites, and you will have to log-in every time you need to. As an example, since I have Firefox set to delete cookies on exit, if I want to look up the weather forecast on the BBC site I have to type in my post code, If I saved cookies it would open showing me my local weather.

As for #2 - you have got me going !  I know I set Firefox up (1) to delete cookies on exit, and, (2) not to save history, and now I can't find any cookie controls !  However, I would not be willing to bet on each and every cookie from, eg, Amazon to be called Amazon 1, Amazon 2 and so on. That would be too easy. Opinion ? Just delete the lot !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users