Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with choosing a game recorder.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boog33

Boog33

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

I recently built a new gaming PC(PCPartPicker), and I am very happy with it, other than a few CPU temp problems, which are getting fixed. I can play minecraft on this computer anywhere from 80-200 fps (depending on the settings). I want to find a good screen recorder that would work for most games. I have a major problem. Apparently, my hard drive is too slow to use Fraps, so I only get like 15 fps. I assume I would have the same problem with Dxtory. I've also tried OBS, which results in the same laggy-ness. I tried the Raptr recording... thing.. and that actually freezes my PC. Can any of you think of something that might work?

And replies would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Amythyr

Amythyr

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Fraps has become outdated.

1)You can try D3DGear(you can get free trial)

2)You can use MSI Afterburner(it is free software)

#3 Nick Arthur

Nick Arthur

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

Yeap! Fraps can take large storage for running. Maybe you can try Bandicam, CamStudio, Screencast-o-Matic and I think these free game recorders are popular among users and you can take them for alternative options. Anyway, I feel not bad! 

Edited by Nick Arthur, 13 October 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#4 3lgnomo

3lgnomo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

I didn't notice a dedicated gpu on your part picker list, but if you have a newer generation (7xx or newer) nvidia card they have a great piece of software you can download called nvidia experience, and that comes with shadow play. Shadow play, from my own experience (built new pc recently too i7,ssd,980gtx,16gig ram, 50x50 meg network) works extremely well, recording at 60fps on my 1080p setup. Would recommend, otherwise OBS

Buda

#5 Amox

Amox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

I recently built a new gaming PC(PCPartPicker), and I am very happy with it, other than a few CPU temp problems, which are getting fixed. I can play minecraft on this computer anywhere from 80-200 fps (depending on the settings). I want to find a good screen recorder that would work for most games. I have a major problem. Apparently, my hard drive is too slow to use Fraps, so I only get like 15 fps. I assume I would have the same problem with Dxtory. I've also tried OBS, which results in the same laggy-ness. I tried the Raptr recording... thing.. and that actually freezes my PC. Can any of you think of something that might work?

And replies would be greatly appreciated!

Dxtory best qulity no lagg if have a decetn modern hardrive full 1080p no fps drop , also using lagarith useless codec watch JackFrags video on youtube called how to record pc gameplay with no lagg. also u have to "buy" Dxtory but its easy to "buy" for a cheap price of almost $0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users