To attempt automatic removal of W32.Spybot.Worm download and scan with Trend Micro's Sysclean Package
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip
pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE
your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.
Note: This tool generates a log file [SYSCLEAN.LOG] in the same folder when the scan is completed and can be run in "SAFE MODE
If that fails, then try using Trend Micro's Worm_Spybot.gen Manual Removal
Since W32.Spybot terminates task manager and regedit, you need an alternative tool to terminate the malware process. Download and use ProcessExplorer
, a freeware tool with features similar to Windows task manager which can be used during the manual removal process.