Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What case do you guys reccomend?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 matttexas17

matttexas17

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'm building a gaming computer. I'm looking for a good quality case, that also looks "Cool". I would like for it to have fans already in it, to save me some work.

my budget is 50-70 bucks, and I prefer to get the case from newegg.com

I know nothing about the different brands and all that, so i'm seeing if you have any suggestions. 

Here is a link to my forum where I posted everything I will be buying for this PC (ignore where it says case): 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544919/going-to-build-my-own-computer-will-all-of-these-parts-work-together/#entry3452280

Thank you guys so much, you are all awesome! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

"Cool" is in the eye of the beholder :)

I don't like flashy cases so something like the Antec P100 is the kind of thing I would probably go for.  Clean looks, good cable management etc.  The Corsair Graphite 230T and NZXT Source 220 also caught my eye, although I note the NZXT doesn't come with dust filters which is something that would be good, and I own a Corsair 200R and I'd recommend it.  It's a personal thing though.  You might prefer cases like the Coolermaster HAF 912 although I'm less keen on the looks of that.  But 1500+ reviewers on Newegg can't be wrong..

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

As the above poster stated, the visual appeal of the case really only matters to you, and nice cases mean different things to different people. In general, the more highly regarded cases (in terms of both quality and appeal) tend to come from companies like NZXT, Corsair and even cooler master. I have the bitfenix prodigy and like it a lot, so thats also worth checking out. 

If you want more specific recommendations, let us know what kind of case you're looking for (lights, side panel window, funky case design...)

Regards,

Daniel.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

You're going about your search for a case in the wrong way.  You need to determine what your functional needs for the case.

You need a case that will fit an ATX motherboard.

Do you want USB3 ports?

How many drive bays do you need?

What style case do you want, Small Form Factor, Mid Tower, Full Tower?

I think the cbCooler Master Elite 431 would be a good choice.  You'll enjoy the tool less drive bays.

#5 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Of course compatibility is a priority. Having better features is also a plus, but for some aesthetics are more important than functionality. OP, do a bit more research as to what case might be best for you- keep in mind USB (version/amount of ports), size (airflow, cable management, room for more HDDs/SSDs) etc. Let us know where you're at in terms of functionality vs aesthetics and what key feature you'd like to have.

Regards,

Daniel.

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,065 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

veteran users prefer the bottom mount PSU config to keep the PSU intake cool....also, the exhaust fans at the top are very beneficial as that is where the heat accumulates..and needs to be let out..  another thing besides the USB  and disk drive bays to think about is width in case a potential aftermarket CPU cooler is to be deployed. those things can get massive and rightfully so, a constantly warm CPU (45c or above) can shorten the life of the most elemental component.....

i would opt for a sweet 200mm top exhaust fan.....it looks awkward, but is VERY functional.

then, to equalize pressure,  120mm fresh air intake fan in the front, and two on the side to blow cool air on the video card and motherboard northbridge.

just a quick glance showed this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Edited by synergy513, 22 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#7 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

That Antec 900 has horibble cable management and it is a dust hog, I had one before and got rid of it for the CM HAF 912 I currently have today but I like the looks of the NZXT 220 or the Corsair 230T

Edited by Joe C, 22 August 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#8 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,065 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

yes, that is what i was reading, it had the features i was mentioning though

Edited by synergy513, 22 August 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users