Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How many times you have been hacked?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YourFriend

YourFriend

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Talking about myself, I got hacked about twice. The first thing I did after realizing was disconnecting from the internet. After that, I scanned my computer, did all the registry scans and deleted all suspicious programs.

Meanwhile, I used someone else computer to recover my accounts. What about you guys?

What would you do or did after getting hacked?

As I got hacked twice, so now I keep my security upto 99.99% and create insanely complex passwords. It is not very difficult to create complex password and keep them memorized.

Check this Post

http://geekfellows.com/how-to-create-a-strong-password/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jusjulz

jusjulz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

my yahoo acct back in the day, same hacker even tried again! most trouble ive had being hacked is on my cell phone tho....VERY leary of owning a smart phone anymore...happy w/my lil pictureless cheapy. I can get online here

PW?

1st letter of every word in a song i like? or maybe just a saying that stuck in my head.... computer lingo sometimes 3=e 8=s for me 0=O

#3 YourFriend

YourFriend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

my yahoo acct back in the day, same hacker even tried again! most trouble ive had being hacked is on my cell phone tho....VERY leary of owning a smart phone anymore...happy w/my lil pictureless cheapy. I can get online here

PW?

1st letter of every word in a song i like? or maybe just a saying that stuck in my head.... computer lingo sometimes 3=e 8=s for me 0=O

You can use spaces in your password to make it more complex :)

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

I have been hacked...What should I do?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Libyan expert

Libyan expert

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

Hi

I haven't been hacked before I don't download any free program from any website only from the company website

and use a good antivirus and the big respons is on you >>how to protact you pc

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,139 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

It has been proven time and again that the user is a more substantial factor (weakest link) in security than the architecture of the operating system or installed protection software.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Meanwhile, I used someone else computer to recover my accounts. What about you guys?

What would you do or did after getting hacked?

Haven't been hacked...yet:whistle:

Can't imagine what I would do. I'm pretty reckless out here on the WWW, like a drunk 15 year old with a handgun peashooter.

I've got the very-shiny False Sense of Security along with some real-time apps running in the back ground.

What I've also got are Recovery Discs already made and very recent backups.

I could wipe this machine today and I *might* lose a few pics and maybe a couple of really cool songs and/or videos, but that would be about it.

As quietman7 pointed out, it is so true...I am the weakest link in my little system so I take a little extra time each week to back things up...and then I head out and try to break something.

Winterland (dual-booter, reckless, slow-moving noob)

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#8 YourFriend

YourFriend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

@Winterland

@quietman7

You both guys are so right.

Human factor is always vulnerable to attack no matter if you have installed best kind of Antivirus and taken all the security measures. You should never set password that is related to your personality. (To avoid getting Social Engineered)

Edited by YourFriend, 21 August 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,607 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

A few times, but nothing serious. Once in a blue moon I'll get a browser hijack telling me that some  alphabet soup agency discovered illegal files on my computer, and I better pay up fast, or else. First off I'm Italian, and we invented that whole game, second I'm not that stupid, and shut down that window via the task manager.

I wasn't that clever once. I purchased my first computer a little over 5 years ago, and installed a USB WiFi adapter. My first foray into surfing the web didn't last 10 minutes (I never even left MSN.com) before I was Rick Rolled. Then I panicked, and thought my system was toast. I unplugged it, and turned it back on. That solved the problem, and it wasn't till later that I discovered what a huge no-no that fix was.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users