Just recently, when I was playing a game, the display on my laptop suddenly black out and there were some lines. I manually power it down by holding the power button. When I on it again, the cursors and the images were haywire. Subsequently, whenever I on my laptop I will see the windows logo and after that the desktop never loads. I only see a black screen with my cursor. At the moment, the only way for me to bootup normally into Windows is to disable my AMD Radeon HD6970M adapter and use the standard VGA adapter. I tried many things but I am still unable to fix the problem. I still cannot use my AMD Radeon graphics adapter. I took the following steps
1) I perform chkdsk /f
2) I installed the latest AMD display drivers from their website
3) I updated the drivers from device manager (2011 drivers)
4) I did a startup repair, but no problems was found
5) I used windows memtest but no errors were discovered
6) I formatted my windows partition, reinstall windows 7 and reinstalled all the drivers from my PC (Samsung) manufacturer software and drivers disc.
7) I used windows update and update everything
8) I tried the fix it registry as per microsoft website
9) I press F8 and used last known good configuration settings
Is my graphic card faulty?
Edited by hamluis, 21 August 2014 - 09:07 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.