Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Internet Security Issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RivqaK

RivqaK

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

I have been using Comodo Internet Security on my Windows 7 Dell XPS Laptop.

I uninstalled on both my laptop and desktop. Both had issues after doing the uninstall.
Last nite someone from greekbuddy helped resolved the issues on my desktop.

I asked for help on my laptop this morning and no resolve but worse.

Computer is taking a long time to restart, slow and I get a black screen plus won't connect to the internet at times.

I still see files from Comodo on my computer that were removed via help last night on  my desktop.
The person I asked to help me on laptop seems to go round and round, not deleting these files and playing around on my computer has made things worse.
Help and thanks

Rivqa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Did you try using Revo Uninstaller?

You have unwanted programs on your computer system that should be removed.
I recommend using the following program to do this because it is good at removing any stray remnants that uninstallers often leave behind.

1. Please download REVO UNINSTALLER
and save it on your computer.

2. Install Revo Uninstaller on your computer system.

3. Once the program is installed start the program and insure the uninstaller tab is active. (See image below)

revo-main-menu.png

Icons from all your installed programs will appear alphabetically in the main window.

4. Right click the program you wish to uninstall by selecting the program's icon in the main window.
A menu will appear such as that shown below.

revo-uninstall.png

5. Next, choose Uninstall from this menu.

A confirmation from the program you wish to uninstall will appear on your screen, such as the one shown in the image below.

6. Please choose YES that you wish to uninstall the program.

revo-confirm.png

By default, Revo Uninstaller will be set to Moderate uninstall Mode.
Please change it to Advanced by clicking the radio button near Advanced as shown below and then click the NEXT button.

revo-advanced1.png

7. Next, you will see this screen where a system restore back up is made.

uninstall-1.png

The program's built in uninstaller will appear on screen, confirm removal and the uninstall procedure will begin.

confirm.png

The program you uninstalled will confirm it has been uninstalled and may ask for user feedback as shown below. It is really your choice if you wish to take the time to answer their survey, however it is not important if you do or not and you can skip it by clicking NO

uninstall-complete.png

If you are told to reboot to complete the uninstall, choose NO! We still have other things we need to remove from your computer using Revo Uninstaller's other features.

8. Once the program has been successfully uninstalled, click the NEXT button.

next-button.png

Revo Uninstaller will scan your computer for leftover information, files and registry entries.

leftover-info.png

If any registry entries are found, Revo Uninstaller will list those in BOLD text as shown below.

leftover-registry.png

It is safe to remove those entries as they are often only associated with the program you have just removed from your computer system.

9. Look for the Select All button and click it.
All the BOLD entries should now be checked off like shown in the image below.

select-all.png

Look for the DELETE button and click it.
When asked to confirm the deletion, click YES

confirm-delete-registry.png

When finished click the Next button.

Revo may confirm the uninstall is complete and offer a FINISH button. This means the program has been successfully uninstalled and no further action is needed.

If however, any leftover files and folders are found those will be presented. If you want to get rid of them click Select All then Delete.
This will remove those and send them to your RECYCLE BIN. You can then either retrieve them or clean your recycle bin permanently removing them from your computer system.

revo5.png

You can use Revo Uninstaller to remove other unwanted programs from your computer by performing the above procedures for each one.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#3 Libyan expert

Libyan expert

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

try to use this tool from comodo http://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis-b137.0/-t36499.0.html

Edited by Libyan expert, 19 August 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Did you allow anyone remote access to your computer? If so, they could be stringing you along in order to get more money from you if you used a commercial help site.

If Comodo has been uninstalled delete the files yourself.

While Revo is excellent to use, sometimes even it will not remove all files and folders associated with a program. The same thing applies to security program removal tools.

After uninstalling any program there is a way to find any leftovers in order to remove them.

Download and install Everything Desktop Search from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/everything-desktop-search/

Everything is far superior to the built in Windows search function.

After it installs open the program and wait for it populate.

Then type in Comodo in the search box.

If anything leftover from the uninstall is found you can delete it by right clicking the entry and selecting Delete.

Please note that this method is only to used AFTER uninstalling a program when you want to see if there are leftovers after the uninstall.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 August 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#5 RivqaK

RivqaK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thank you, Louis. I will start with Revo Uninstallerand follow instructions after that.
I did use the link to uninstall from Comodo given to me by someone on GeekBuddy. It created more havoc in some ways and I found a lot of files had access denied or said no files showing up in my registry. I did my own search on my computer and they definitely are in my registry. Attempting to delete them myself was futile because the files wouldn't budge.

I was disconnected several times prematurely when attempting to get help from geekbuddy today for my laptop or given a link to renew when I don't want to renew. I used their Comodo Security Suite and Trust Connect.

I decided to not continue with them for security and privacy reasons. I didn't like being told they logged all my activity and would give my information if supoened. I don't do anything illegal but do nothing to warrant files on my computer that can't be removed at the very least.

I was shocked when someone last night from geekbuddy knew what to do and cleaned off all files on my desktop with no problem. The desktop now works as it should. Today seems the geekbuddy persons don't know what they are doing. Or pretend they don't. I was told the files won't hurt anything left on my computer. But why in the world would anyone with some sense leave file bits on their computer. Duh
Maybe the person who helped me isn't there anymore for helping me.
Regardless, I will proceed with the information you have given and update as I can.

Thanks everyone so much!

Rivqa

#6 RivqaK

RivqaK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I installed Revo Uninstaller and have used about every mode possible and no files are showing up. Although I can do a search and find them.
On a hunch I tried to delete a file again myself. I first received a message that I had to have administrator rights and after that it tells me a audio file is open and can't be deleted. Nothing I do shows this audio file running.
I will attach a picture of this particular message.

Thanks

Rivqa

Attached Files

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

IMO...taking advice from different forums is counterproductive.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth" is what comes to mind.  I suggest that you follow the suggestions on 1 site only...that choice being your own to make.  It occurs to me that you what summarized as "the problem" here...may only be a symptom of what is ailing your system.

Louis

#8 RivqaK

RivqaK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Prefering to stick with this forum and am thankful for anyone who has chimed in.

I am not using geekbuddy any longer but thought to make use of them as part of my soon to expire paid service. I don't consider it a forum per say.

Does seem like I am going to have to find some way to remove programs that refuse to be removed. I view the files still running as problematic and should not be on the computer since supposed removed service/files.

I have no issue uninstalling anything else on my computer with the exception of when I had AVG. Today it's still on my computer but I was able to only disable it.

Ain't software great! lol
Rivqa

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Louis, geekbuddy is not a forum. It's remote support.

http://www.geekbuddy.com/

From the About Us page

GeekBuddy is part of the Comodo Group, one of the world's most trusted Internet Security and Antivirus technology providers. With over 45 million PCs around the world protected by Comodo security software - including its award-winning free Antivirus and Anti-malware solutions - Comodo is guided by its mission to Create Trust Online.

GeekBuddies can assist you remotely right through your PC while you watch, and securely monitor your PC's health and maintenance - all while maintaining your utmost privacy. (GeekBuddy can not and will not ever access any personal files on your computer.)

#10 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

More info on that error would be in the event log. Probably some hidden service left behind. You can go to device manager and check. Go to view and show hidden devices. Look for comodo in the list and uninstall it and reboot the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users