Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect PC to HD TV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrewrmunro

andrewrmunro

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

I want to connect my PC to a Denon Receiver (AVR-X2000) which will then connect to my HD TV

What do I need to do this? My PC is about 50 feet from the receiver. My PC's video card (Radeon HD 4870) currently does not have an HDMI out.

Edited by andrewrmunro, 19 August 2014 - 09:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

You could do it one of two ways, either DVI to HDMI convertor, then 50ft HDMI, though this will lead to no audio unless you get a converter that has an audio input, then you would have to switch the in use audio device every time you want to use it.

Or get a wireless system for that, which will be significantly more expensive and probably not as good quality...

What were your plans to do with the computer when connected to the TV, movies, games, etc?

#3 andrewrmunro

andrewrmunro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Yeah, I want to watch some downloaded movies and tv shows mostly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users