Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed New Memory Now Onboard Memory Gone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azurman

azurman

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook C2010 running xpsp2 and it has 256 onboard pc2100 memory and a slot that can handle an additional 256mb. So I added Kingston (KVR333SO/256R) 256 mb pc2700 (supposed to be backward compatible). When I start up and go to BIOS screen, it shows NO onboard memory and the new 256 MB in the memory slot. When I remove the new memory module, it shows 256 onboard and nothing in the slot. Is there a way to make it recognize both the onboard and new memory? Should I try a 512 mb module in the memory slot? Max for this notebook is 512 mb. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:09 AM

Kingston only lists one module for that machine, the KFJ-FPC50/256. And the max amount of RAM for that expansion sockt is 256MB. The PC2700 should underclock to the PC2100, but that module you have may not be compatible with your machine.

KFJ-FPC50/256 256MB Module

If you are visiting from outside the US and wish to locate a distributor or reseller nearest you, click here.

System InfoBank SchemaUpgrade PathWarrantySupportShow All
Standard Memory: 256 MB (Non-removable)

Maximum Memory: 512 MB

Expansion: 1 Socket(s)

CPU & ChipSet: Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
Intel Pentium 4-M 1.6 GHz

Bus Architecture: PC Card

Mfgr's System P/N's: FPCM30534; FPCM30535; FPCM30536

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users