Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel and best cloud storage for sharing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CaryHM

CaryHM

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

My husband asked me to figure out the best cloud storage for him to share Excel spreadsheets and pictures with his work colleagues.  We already use Dropbox for our personal finance forms etc, and so I don't think we could use our free Dropbox account and make it where part of it was public, and part private.  (At least I don't think we can.)  Can anyone recommend another good sharing storage account and while you're at it, what is the best (and cheapest) way to get Excel?  I don't know if there's a free version floating out there or not.  Up to this point, we've used our Ipad's Numbers, but his new job requires Excel.  I'm hoping to drop as little money on it as possible.  Thanks! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

If you have a Hotmail or Outlook.com email account, you can use OneDrive.Comes with about 15 GBs of free storage, and it includes Office online, so you can create Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents in the web browser.

Since he has Excel, he can just upload the spreadsheets, but if he needs to work on them and he's not at his PC, he can edit them in the browser. Everything gets saved to the cloud, it syncs everything between the cloud and the PC like Dropbox, and you can determine what you do and don't want to share.

And it's free.

#3 CaryHM

CaryHM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Thank you!  Sounds like a good solution :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users