Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nonstop security warning certificate popups.. even with data and wifi off.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Busunge

Busunge

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

I have a samsung galaxy s4 that's not even a year old. I just moved to a new city and I just got my new internet set up. I have never had this problem before. but I keep getting a "Security Warning" popup message that says "There are problems with the security certificate for this site. The name of the site does not match the name on the certificate."

Screenshot_2014-08-18-16-53-03.png

I hit the view button and something pops up about akamai technologies and servers. I dont know what that is, but research online showed that its a legit certificate. so I hit "continue" but then not even 1 second later, the same security pops up again. and again. and again. I hit cancel, it still pops up. I hit continue, it still pops up.

Screenshot_2014-08-18-16-55-45.png

I thought it was my web browsers (I use chrome) so I went and cleared/ended all tasks, and deleted the memory cookies and turned my wifi and data off, and I still get the same popup.

When Im texting, it pops up. when Im not doing anything it pops up. When Im listening to music it pops up. Basically no matter what Ive done it keeps popping up. I tried resetting the date and time, but the date and time were already correct. My internet is all secured with wpa2. I have knox on it, but I dont use it, and there were no updates for that, or for the OS recently.

Basically, its really freaking annoying and I dont know what to do about it. Please help me, I cant even text my parents without it being a bleep.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Franklin1862

Franklin1862

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

Same issue here for the last few days. Galaxy s4 but no move or change. Just started getting that's constant warnings. Thought maybe the date was off in my phone but no dice.

#3 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Read the 2nd entry of this post, it may be helpful.

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/296924-security-certificate-problems-multiple-sites-akamai-technologies.html

My father uses Opera Browser on his Galaxy s4, and thus far he hasn't complained about "Security Warnings." 

#4 painfullregistry

painfullregistry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Try opening settings/apps/chrome/ clear cache and if that don't work go back and clear both cache and data.make sure you have signed in to chrome before erasing data,so all your temp files and recent bookmarks are synched.

Then open menus /settings/content/ website settings and click on any remaining sites twice,(two separate windows)to deleate.

#5 labovas

labovas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:52 AM

Hi,

I have experienced the same problem. Specifically, the same message regarding the security certificate appears when i have access to the Browser/ Facebook or any othe application that requires Internet data. I have followed all of the above (automatic date and time, clear cache, opera browser) but nothing changed. It's totally frustating and annoying. Can you please help me? May i set up again my phone from scrach (reset factory settings)?

#6 Clarence_29

Clarence_29

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hi!, I came through this problem too. Im not sure if this will work but it worked for me. So first of all Security problems kept poppong up multiple times like more then 10 repeatedly for one site, and also My google play can't connect to the internet, I noticed the time on my phone is incorrect I didnt know why so I changed it to the right time then suddendly it changed agian so what I did was turn off my location and changed the time. When the time was correct, there were no more problems and I could also use google play properly. I think this problem is due to the incorrect time of the phone. (I have a question, Is the time on your phone correct? Or maybe the date?)

Edited by Clarence_29, 14 April 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#7 izster

izster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

Hi!, I came through this problem too. Im not sure if this will work but it worked for me. So first of all Security problems kept poppong up multiple times like more then 10 repeatedly for one site, and also My google play can't connect to the internet, I noticed the time on my phone is incorrect I didnt know why so I changed it to the right time then suddendly it changed agian so what I did was turn off my location and changed the time. When the time was correct, there were no more problems and I could also use google play properly. I think this problem is due to the incorrect time of the phone. (I have a question, Is the time on your phone correct? Or maybe the date?)

Can't thank you enough! I've started to get pissed of because i like being on my phone alot and i watch youtube all the time. Before i found your solution i would get the no internet connection thing. I hit the retry button alot and nope. Next i came to this site and boom!. You're awesome dude. Cheers to you.

#8 ron_issues

ron_issues

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

I have a samsung galaxy s4 that's not even a year old. I just moved to a new city and I just got my new internet set up. I have never had this problem before. but I keep getting a "Security Warning" popup message that says "There are problems with the security certificate for this site. The name of the site does not match the name on the certificate."

Screenshot_2014-08-18-16-53-03.png

I hit the view button and something pops up about akamai technologies and servers. I dont know what that is, but research online showed that its a legit certificate. so I hit "continue" but then not even 1 second later, the same security pops up again. and again. and again. I hit cancel, it still pops up. I hit continue, it still pops up.

Screenshot_2014-08-18-16-55-45.png

I thought it was my web browsers (I use chrome) so I went and cleared/ended all tasks, and deleted the memory cookies and turned my wifi and data off, and I still get the same popup.

When Im texting, it pops up. when Im not doing anything it pops up. When Im listening to music it pops up. Basically no matter what Ive done it keeps popping up. I tried resetting the date and time, but the date and time were already correct. My internet is all secured with wpa2. I have knox on it, but I dont use it, and there were no updates for that, or for the OS recently.

Basically, its really freaking annoying and I dont know what to do about it. Please help me, I cant even text my parents without it being a bleep.

#9 painfullregistry

painfullregistry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Have you tried rebooting? Turn off completely, then turn back on. If problem persists put it in safe mode. If that solves it, then a recent app download may be at fault. You can also go into settings,storage, clear cache globally. There are more things to try, but let us knowing what you have done so far, and what operating system version you are on.

#10 gangrel

gangrel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hello dear friends, I created an account just so what I found might help one of you, as it worked for me.
First, I have to say I tried the "changing the time and date" system (even tough my phone showed it was up to date). didn't help... I even called Samsung costumer service in my country (Israel) but all they said was to ERASE THE WHOLE PHONE which was a big NO NO for me.

So this is what I thought of...
I have 2 Emails synced with my galaxy:

1) my personal Email

2) my work Email

I quit my job a month ago, so I thought to myself, what if they deleted my work-mail account and what happens is that my phone keeps on trying to sync it but with no success? that why i get this stupid-annoying massage on the screen.

so i went to the email app and unlinked the work-mail account. after that I got in to the phone settings -> accounts -> and then unlinked the work-mail as well from the "Exchange" (if you have other apps that are linked to your non-active mail account - unlink them as well).
and.... it worked!
I did it an hour ago and so far I didn't get even one annoying massage! (before it was every few seconds).

If in your case you do not have A disabled Email address that is synced with your device, try to think of any other account (or something like that) that is non-active anymore so you would need to unlink it from your device.

I hope it helped someone else in this world!
god bless

#11 elizbethsewell666

elizbethsewell666

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:13 AM

I think you downloaded a app which causes these issues back to back. You should try factory reset I hope this issue will resolve after reset.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users