Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Problem..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GRANDV

GRANDV

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:01 AM

When opening my internet explorer, I get multiple other windows that open. They all say HTTP 404 Not found and in the address box it states: http://83.149.105.143/trac-2/rfe.php?cmp=d...ot&nid=CL&lid=h

Can anyone help me fix what's causing the multiple internet pop-ups?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

Ironic... I was just at one of my friend's house for a party last night and they had an extremely similar if not exact problem. Since the problem is rather hard to pinpoint (at least for me), I advise you use HiJackThis (HJT). Please follow the preparation guide here: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log. This guide will lead you through a basic cleaning process and then show you how to post a HJT Log for analysis. Once you are ready to post your log, post it here: HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum NOT here.

A few notes/words of advice:

1. Please DO NOT alter your computer (install things, delete things, etc.) after your HJT log has been posted.
2. Please DO NOT bump your HJT log, make double posts, or post your log in the wrong forum. Doing so will only dely the process of your log getting analyzed.
3. Since the HJT Team is rather busy and wide spread at the moment, it might take a few days for a HJT Team member to arrive, so please be patient and enjoy life while you wait.

Good Luck on your cleaning! :thumbsup:

Note - For future problems like this, I believe you should post them in the Am I Infected? What Do I do? Forum not here.

Edited by Elendil, 04 June 2006 - 09:00 AM.

Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users