Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hubbabubba56

Hubbabubba56

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

I have been getting lots of BSOD's lately. My laptop (an Asus G750JW) is only 2 months old and has been getting BSOD's since I purchased it. Most of the time, it is random but sometimes my shockwave crashes and i know the BSOD is coming. I cannot return it now because I am outside of the U.S where I bought it. The message I get when the bsod happens is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Do I need to upload a DMP file?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Welcome,

Before you upload anything let's see what we're working with. Can you give us the specs on the laptop and the software that's installed? Very interested in any security software.

thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Hubbabubba56

Hubbabubba56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Sorry for the late response.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Gtx 860m 2gb

8gb ram DDR3

i7 4700 hq 2.4 ghz

I have AVG 2014 installed.

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

No worries. Instant isn't always best.

W8.x is a bit different. Here's the Microsoft instruction:

To check the hard disk drive integrity in Windows:
  1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive you want to check.
  2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  3. In Error-checking, click Check Now

If the HDD is OK then if might be good to do a scan with one of the available free malware scanners. Malware bytes Antimalware and Super AntiSpyWare are two that I've used and can recommend - free versions only as the trial versions have an active scanner which will conflict with your current active scanner.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users