Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive not found

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mattriot

Mattriot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi. I had an 250gig ssd with a normal 1T hard-drive. I decided to plug in 2 more 3T hard drive to Do a raid 1 configuration, but when all was done and I configured my 2 new hard drives in the Bios, it stop recognising any of my hard drives. After switching my ssd (boot drive) to another Sata port, I got it to recognise it (thus being able to boot) but now my pc does not recognize my two 3T drives (in raid1) or my 1T drive. It recognises my 1T is my bios (where I can raid) but not where I can boot. And my two 3T drives are not seen even in my bios. I tried to manage my disks threw my computer and it only sees ssd. Sorry if this is confusing. Any ideas? Running windows 7 ultimate, cpu:i7-4770k. Maximus hero vii motherboard, gtx770 gpu.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

What do you see in Disk Management (DISKMGMT.MSC)?

#3 Mattriot

Mattriot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Only see my ssd, and my dvd burner

#4 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Have you tried to reset your BIOS configurations back to factory defaults?

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

#5 Mattriot

Mattriot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

After screwing around a little bit, it was the fact that my bios was in raid mode. Resetting fixed it thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users