Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Font size

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

When compiling a email in Hotmail/Outlook and I set the font size to 12 say and at the end of a line I don't  place full stop then start a new lower line the font size will change to a much lower size namely 10?

Any ideas please.

for eg

How are you today

tomorrow I am off to

Edited by hamluis, 20 August 2014 - 09:32 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

Have you tried changing the default font settings?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/change-the-default-font-or-text-color-for-e-mail-messages-HA010239585.aspx

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for that AdagioBoognish I was sure I had done that but obviously I hadn't or not done it correctly. All okay thanks to your input. Signs of getting old you know?

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hi Beel!

For me there are two ways to go about typing an email in Hotmail/Outlook.

1. Set your "standard" primary Font settings, that is what you'll see in every email.

2. "If" you wish a particular email to have a larger font, type out the email, then at the end, highlight all of the text, then go to the tool bar and you can change the font size, style or color.  Your standard settings will not change, however that one email will look as you please!

How to get to your "standard primary" setting:

Click on the gear next to your name at the upper right corner

Click on Options

Scroll down to "Writing Email"

Find Formatting, font and signature

Message Font will show, there is where you can set your standard primary font setting (e.g. font style, font size, font colour)

Click Save

Sure hope that helps!  LOL ~ when I know I'm sending an email to a pal who is computer screen reading challenged, I love to change the font size to 14 or 16 !!  It seems huge, however I know they greatly appreciate the font size! :cool: 

Cheers!

nandemoh

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

Thanks nandemoh for that. I thought I had done that but as I said it my other reply obviously I hadn't or didn't hit the save button. All seems okay now though.

Good luck...Beel

#6 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

Need that luck this morning Beel..we've got thunder, lightening and hail!  (What..in San Diego County!)

Apologies if I was redundant, when I looked at the link that AdagioBookgnish provided, all I noticed was instructions for:

In Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the default font that is used when you create, reply to, or forward an e-mail message is 11-point Calibri. You can change the default font and its color, style (such as bold or italic), and size.

Your post was regarding Hotmail/Outlook (apologies, I did not realize you were using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007?)

In any event, you've got it sorted and that's terrific! :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users