Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to download videos from YouTube?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ivyroth

ivyroth

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

Recently, I've found some really funny videos on YouTube. I'm wondering whether there is any way to download YouTube videos for free?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

:welcome:  to BC.

You will need Firefox

Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla

Then add

Video DownloadHelper :: Add-ons for Firefox

Nothing else is needed works 100% with youtube, Its free ( unless you want the extra decoders). Tested and working at the time of this post.

http://youtu.be/LzhoG8841Co

Edited by NickAu1, 18 August 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

there is a big long thread on this in another part of this forum. my advice for the method is to use www.clipconverter.cc but ENSURE that you have an adblocker, noscript, a good antivirus and that you never accept that websites offers of a "download helper". i select avi as my download format, it gives big files but better compatibility although the avi files i get from there will play in vlc but not in windows media player. the site also lets you trim the ends off the clips before download. for using the noscript and adblock extensions you will need for this site (it is laced with ads, many of which look highly suspicious, or atleast suspicious enough to turn on my paranoia ) you will want firefox as a browser.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Space_Cowby

Space_Cowby

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

I use Any Video Converter

http://www.any-video-converter.com/

You can download from lots of sources and has the added benefit that one downloaed you can convert to a suitable format and size. Been using for a couple of years without any problems.

NB Web site looks naff but product is really useful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users