Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple threads on same problem (laptop sound failure)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

I have noticed that several threads (at least four, maybe five, on the Windows 8 and Internal Hardware forums) refer to what is apparently the same problem, the intermittent failure of sound output on laptops using High Definition Audio drivers (RealTek or other).  Is there some way to bring these together, or at least to let people know there are other discussions of the same problem?  I am too new here to know how to post a link to other threads.

A common feature in at least some of those threads is the presence of the Intel Display Audio driver along with the High Definition Audio one.  Makes me wonder.  I'm not (well, no longer, I'm past 80 and suspect my "geek license" has now expired <G>) well enough informed to be confident of the implications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users