Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont Start Correctly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jay56

Jay56

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:02 PM

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600
4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 (128 MB)
Intel Pentium 4, 2266 MHz (17 x 133)

Thats all the info i could get, it was from one of my other posts. Anyway, all i did was restart my computer and when i start back up it Asks is i want to start in Safe mode, Last good Config, or Normally. Either one i choose, they dont work, it goes right before the login screen and flashes a blue screen once and restarts. Can a virus start this problem? I bet it was something my sister recently installed onto the computer. The night before it was woking fine but after today it seems broken.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vxdesigns

vxdesigns

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

I would check all of the below mentioned things before i take the pc to a repair shop. Just go over these things once again to be sure its not something small and silly which you can fix yourself rather than having to spend a lot of time in a repair shop for alot of money

1)if you had installed a most recent hardware and soon after this started happing, remove that hardware and try again

2)remove your video card and then start your comp

3)remove the ram sticks one by one and then start your pc

4)remove all of your harddrives, floppy drives and cd/dvd drives and then start your pc

5)check if the processor fan is spinning, unplug it, clean it a little bit with a hair blow dryer and plug it back again, then start you pc again

6)check if the PSU(power supply) fan is working, if you can, unplug it and clean it with a hair blow dryer and then plug it back in, and start your pc again

7)try to plug in your pc in a different wall socket in a different room, and start your pc

8)if none of the above work i suggest you have an expert pc technician take a look at it, rather then going out yourself and buying a motherboard, and later finding out it was something else

Hope that helps

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:42 AM

I wouldn't use a hair dryer anywhere near the inside of a computer.
It can create static electricty which is the worst enemy of electronic components.

Use a can of compressed air made for this purpose.

#4 Jay56

Jay56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:29 AM

Its fixed. I actually just let it rest overnight, turned it on in the morning and i still had the problem, but i left it on for a little while and i came back and i was on the login screen. Is it possible the fan could have went out for a while, but came back on? Not sure but thanks for your help anyways.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:48 AM

Yes - but that means you probably have either a power supply going bad or an overheating problem causing thermal shutdown.

I would get both thoroughly checked out because either can cause the processor and/or motherboard to be destroyed.

Edited by Enthusiast, 04 June 2006 - 10:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users