Do a reboot of your modem and routers by removing power cables, waiting a minute or so and then reattaching the power cables.
Check in your Add/ Remove listing for programs you did not intentionally install or do not recognize. Do an online search for those you
are not sure of what they are.
Google Chrome gives you the option to reset your browser settings in one easy click. In some cases, programs that you install can change your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see additional extensions and toolbars or a different search engine. Resetting your browser settings will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be cleared or changed.
Reset your browser settings:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings” section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Check the Add-Ons/ extensions/ plugins in all browsers disable or remove the ones you did not install.
- Run the ESET Online Scanner.
- Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
- NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Use CCleaner to cleanup temporary files, logs, ad cookies, etc. Use the default settings. No need to use the Registry Cleaning Tool and its
use may cause other problems. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck the offers of toolbars such as Yahoo.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Edited by buddy215, 17 August 2014 - 01:43 PM.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”― Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”