Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

first born/college

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Well I (we) just dropped off my first born at her University (Mars Hill University), which is 7 hours away from us, yesterday. Holy hell that was the hardest thing I've had to do....I'm having a rougher time with this then my daughter is.

As a man, I didn't think it would be so difficult to let her go so she could start this chapter of her life. I'm an emotional wreck....and the wife is the strong one, the glue that is binding us all together through this. I sure wasn't expecting I'd be like this...had no clue it was going to be so difficult for me.

The good news is she made it through her first night in her dorm by herself and she has all ready made some new friends and going to FYS (first year student) sessions that the university has put together to fill the voids and down times that the new incoming students face until classes start on Tuesday.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,786 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

I know the feeling mate. It is harder than bringing them up !

My first born is now 37. I thought she would never make it.....or perhaps i meant I would never make it.

Time heals everything.

Your life will take different directions

Make the changes gently.

Be kind to yourself.

Brian

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users