Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External exeption E0607363.....Runtime Error MalwareBytes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

Hello Everyone...

I found my problem in the Malwarebytes Forum Section here but it will not let me sign in,no matter how many times I 've tried ,so I thought I would try it here,I had to ask additional question anyway because their response seems to apply to the FREE version of MBAM....

I have Windows7 OS & have been using MBAM Premium for quite a while now,without a glitch.......I clicked on to check it as I do everyday or so and the permissions pop-up appeared as usual ,I approved & nothing happened.......Then after several times,I noticed it was no longer in my start up programs in WinPatrol & absent from the list of programs in Secunia PSI.....I noticed I needed to allow my automatic updates to start, I did them & then Secunia said I needed to manually update  Adobe Flash Player,it would not update ......Finally,since Adobe Flash Player always seems to be a problem anyway,I uninstalled it....then all my updates were in order.

I tried several times to re-install MBAM & I kept getting the runtime error message,,,,,I uninstalled MBAM & tried again,same thing.......I ran the Microsoft troubleshoot & it said I had update problems & recommended a systems restore....I did that & it said programs that may be affected were MBAM & Adobe Flash Player,,,,,,I did the restore,,,,no difference  & I cannot install MBAM.......I don't even know how anyway because all the downloads are the free version & I have lifetime license

Can you help me & please keep in mind that I have so little computer knowledge,anything i do know I have learned from you guys & any problem I ever had I only came here & you all resolve it

Thank you so much for your your time & I look forward to your reply.....SuperAnti Sptware ,Spywareblaster & MSSE  all have clean scans................

Best Regards,newbleeping

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hello newbleeping:

I'm guessing you probably meant to type E06D7363 in your title. No worries.

Please follow the instructions in the locked/pinned topic: Internal error: Expression error 'Runtime Error' / External exception E06D7363.

BTW - If you perform a MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x using the "Free" version download, you merely need to activate MBAM2 with your license ID, and Key and MBAM2 immediately becomes a "Premium" version again.

Did you begin the registration process on the Malwarebytes forum, and did you complete the registration acknowledgement phase via email? These two forums use similar forum software, from IP.Board, but the forums are not linked together with common membership rights. 

Please let us know how it works for you.

1PW
Malwarebytes Volunteer Forum Helper

Edited by 1PW, 17 August 2014 - 04:13 AM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:24 AM

Hi 1PW

LOL,exactly right,I did not even notice that I mis-typed the number 0 instead of the letter D,,,,,,maybe if I put on my glasses that would help!!!

Anyway,I really appreciate your fast reply.......I was using the free version of MBAM when I had Windows XP & then when I got my new computer with Win7 OS I took advantage of the offer for "lifetime license" I learned about here at BC,before they did away with them....I think that was back in March? I registered with MalwareBytes through Cleverbridge & have a reference #.....(the only way to purchase the few remaining lifetime licenses)........does that answer your question about completing the reg phase,cause I am nnot sure what you mean?

A little later on I will do the removal process as you have suggested,from the link you provided & then I will follow the rest of your instructions.....May I first ask you something else before i do this? Do I need to turn off my firewall(Microsoft) &/or MSSE ,Ghostery or anything else before I install MBAM?I just want to be sure I am doing this correctly....

Thanks again,newbleeping(Kwik)

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#4 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:47 AM

Hello newbleeping:

I found my problem in the Malwarebytes Forum Section here but it will not let me sign in,no matter how many times I 've tried ,so I thought I would try it here,I had to ask additional question anyway because their response seems to apply to the FREE version of MBAM....

I may have misunderstood. I thought I understood you tried to start a topic on the Malwarebytes.org forum which is not directly related to the Bleeping Computers.com forum. If you were trying to post in the Malwarebytes.org forum, you would need to separately register there first.

Do I need to turn off my firewall(Microsoft) &/or MSSE ,Ghostery or anything else before I install MBAM?I just want to be sure I am doing this correctly....

You need only open the old MBAM2 GUI, click Settings, Advanced Settings, and uncheck/untick: Enable self-protection module. Save all your downloads to your system's Desktop and Run as Administrator.

The above is detailed in the instructions link I sent to you in post #2.

HTH :)

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#5 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

Hi Again 1PW...

Gee,your very fast,,,,i really appreciate your responses,thank you.     I see,i think I am the one that has mis-understood the Malwarebytes Forum,,,,I thought is was connected to BC since I got to it THROUGH BC.......now I undertand & thanks for explaining that to me,I am not registered to post a topic or reply.When you asked me about registration I thought you were asking when I purchased my license & I was all confused

Well,good,,,,because this is where I want to be anyway....Bleeping Computers has been my 'go to" from the day I started using a computer(little over a year ago) and you all are near & dear to my heart and there is none better!!!!!!

I will using your link,follow your instruction & let you know how I did after church today so I do not get interrupted once I begin......Again,thank you so much for the quick reply & for answering all my questions,,,,so nice of you and I am grateful,I look forward to posting my good results later-lol                             Have a beautiful morning (or late night,3:30am?)                          Best Regards,Kwik

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

...I see,i think I am the one that has mis-understood the Malwarebytes Forum,,,,I thought is was connected to BC since I got to it THROUGH BC...

Hi Kwik

Although BC is a trusted hosting site for downloading many programs, applications and security tools we are in no way connected to any of the vendors. The exception of course are those tools written/published by Bleeping Computer (Grinler).
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi Quietman!!!

Thank you for the clarification,,,,,I do get confused sometimes because BC has such a great reputation & even the folks at Malwarebytes spoke highly of BC when I was speaking to them about getting my lifetime  license........they said I was in ''good hands at a trusted site with credible people".....BC came highly recommended to me by both MicroSoft & Mozilla,thats how I came to meet you QM-lol  Isn't it wonderful to be a part of such a wonderful site with such good ,honest people ?Hats off to Grinler............

Good to hear from you QM,I hope you are well & have a terrific day.....I am going to take a stab at doing this uninstall & new installation....I will be back to let you all know how I do.....hmmm                                                   Best Regards.,Kwik   

Anything else I should know before I try this? 

#8 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi 1PW.....

Went off without a hitch!!!! Thank you so much,I do appreciate your help (& your time) and everything is working well,it was so simple,just as you said it would be,,,,That is one of the things I love most about you guys here at BC,you are just SO good at explaining things & you know your stuff SO well that even someone with so little "know how" ,like me,can do these things quite confidently & with understanding.......of course this also means that we save an awful lot of money by not having to go to a computer shop.

I am so grateful for all of you so generously sharing your time, knowledge & expertise with the community........God Bless you & have a beautiful day

Gratefully & Sincerely,Kwik

BTW.....any idea how something like this happens?Do you think the electrical storm had something to do with and is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again in the future?

Edited by newbleeping, 17 August 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#9 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hello newbleeping:

I am happy to have helped you. We also should be grateful to the BC Mods/Admins for letting the troubleshooting elements of this thread continue without being moved off to a more apropos sub-forum. We likely should have gone to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help where I am not a guest member.

As for the post-mortem of your original trouble; out of the millions of MBAM2 users we see maybe 2 to 4 per week for which the locked/pinned topic I pointed to you works immediately. A moderate forensics examination may have uncovered a rare set of events that caused your trouble, and I imagine we will see this shortcoming vanish with a near future MBAM2 release.

If a recent electrical storm caused your computer to shutdown in an undisciplined manner, you would do well to run a full five stage (not the lesser three stage) Check Disk diagnostic sometime soon, and also examine your hard disk's S.M.A.R.T. attributes now, and on a regular basis thereafter.

HTH :)

Edited by 1PW, 17 August 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,579 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

We likely should have gone to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help where I am not a guest member.

If its something we can't handle then that's always the best thing to do since the staff has direct access to the development team. If it's a relatively simple solution there's no need to do that as I can vouch for you here.

#11 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Thank you good sir and we always will welcome you in our little corner of the world.

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,579 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

:thumbup2:

#13 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

BTW.....any idea how something like this happens?Do you think the electrical storm had something to do with and is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again in the future?

Maybe some root files are being blocked or denied access when uninstalling/installing software (maybe some kernel s*** with all the av/am progs....?). if there is no intimate data exchange w/ suspect browsing, a decent firewall is prolly adequate. Open discussion?

Electrical storms can do wonders....

Don't run 3 or 4 am/am progs (conflicts on a low level). Hard on the HDD as well (always scanning and beating on the drive... reminds me of the movie Monsters, Inc.... Always watching. always watching. Where's the freedom and SPEED?).

One and the same.:-)

Edit: They/we (BC) is/are the best 'round, eh? You included.  :thumbup2:

Edited by bludgard, 18 August 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#14 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Hi guys!!!!

I clicked on 1PWs external link that he provided to do that "check disc' & it specifically said that it is only for Vista,I have Win 7,,,,,is there another link ,is it important that I do this check,,,,,,I did check the performance diagnostic that my properties tools suggested & it saisd that MBAM,Windows Media Player(have no clue what this is?) & Secunia is slowing my start up & shut down ,,,,,,Can I just put Secunia & Win Media Player on "deflayed start" through the WinPatrol?   Am I totally off topic or is this all related,I feel like I am asking very stupid questions but this is all a bit above my computer knowledge.................I just literally do what you guys tell me to do to keep my computer up & running & protected...                                                                              best Regards Kwik

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,579 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

You can disable the startups for both Secunia and Windows Media Player through WinPatrol. Almost all applications you install want to startup when Windows loads. Many of these programs are not needed and disabling them can save resources and improve performance as they are available from the Start Menu > All Programs or an icon on the Desktop if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users