Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU temperatures off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Irohas

Irohas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

I have a question about computer temperatures because mine seem to be unusually high for my set up.

I currently have an i5-3570k@3.4ghz, 8 gigs of ram, and a 4gb 760.

I'm worried about the fact that my monitor says my cpu is idling at around 40-45c and in my bios it said it was around 50c constantly. These seems really high for me considering A. I have water cooling and B. I'm not overclocking in any way.I also have an extra fan to try and help with cooling but it seems extremely high for idling as I've seen that 30c seems like normal idling and my cpu gets 10-20c above that depending on the temperature sources. Also my gpu only idles at 35c which is also way lower than my cpu.

Just wondering if there's anything I could be doing wrong or if there's a way to alleviate these high temperatures.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

ive noted that often software temperature software varies from the BIOS, what software are you using to monitor it? and have you tried a different software?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Give HWMonitor a try.  It reads both motherboard temperature sensors (with varying degrees of success) and the CPU's core temperatures from the internal sensors.  Post up a screenshot maybe.

Some questions about your hardware:

1) Is this a new system and is it one you've put together yourself or is it pre-built?

2) Have the temperatures always been like this?

3) What cooling system is it and did you fit this yourself?

Idle temperatures on Intel CPU's are pretty low normally.  If the power saving features are working as intended they only consume a few watts at idle which results in very little heat.  Something to check is, is it genuinely idling?  In other words what is the CPU use reported as in task manager?

Also what are your load temperatures like?  These are much more important than idle temps.  Software like Prime95 stress test puts very high load on the CPU but I would use caution with this if the cooling system is suspect.  What are they like when running a game?

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users