Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tuner not found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stuffed

Stuffed

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

I watch TV through my computer and for some reason it has stopped working and I can't work it out. I think there is something wrong with windows media center. I am using a USB DVB-T TV Tuner connected to an external antenna. I have connected it through another computer and it works, so all individuals parts of the equation are fine. It just doesn't work through windows media center on my computer.  I have tried turning windows media on and off through windows features but no change. Why is my TV tuner not detected? As I have said the TV tuner works fine in another computer.

Help.

Stuffed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

This may help... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adding-tv-tuners-media-center#1TC=windows-7 .

I would also consider an uninstall-reinstall of the tuner software.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

What is the specific hardware tuner used, please?

IME, tuner hardware not detected is tuner hardware which is missing...or possibly damaged drivers.

Did you uninstall/reinstall the item and whatever software?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 17 August 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#4 Stuffed

Stuffed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

I have reloaded the drivers (still have the original disk). When I try and set up the TV I get a message like there are no downloadable programs, then the next page of the operation is TV signal configuration, when I am asked to select next to confirm, nothing happens, it is in constant thinking mode, where that circle thing just keeps going round and round forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users