Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kingston Memory Colors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I was just recently looking at some Kingston "Fury" DDR3 memory sticks:

http://www.kingston.com/en/hyperx/memory/fury

I noticed four different heat spreader colors, black, blue, red, white. I wondered what the difference between them was, so I looked at all four data sheets. The specs are identical (and decent for the price). The ONLY difference is the color of the heat spreader. Guess the gaming guys don't want red memory in a black themed case, right?!

Edited by davnel, 16 August 2014 - 10:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

The color scheme is purely esthetic, looks to me! I guess there must be lots of folks with transparent computer cases.

#3 davnel

davnel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

ElfBane:

Yup. That's about what I figured after reading the data sheets on several different series. Based on the number of cases offered with transparent side panels, you're probably right. I suppose it makes sense to have the right color RAM sticks, although I couldn't personally care less as long as they work. But then, I don't go for transparent sides, either. I do have one LianLi A7 case with a screen side though. Great ventilation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users