Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not turn on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lwinne

lwinne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

First indication of a problem occurred when I turned on my laptop yesterday. It was stuck on the windows background with no icons on the desktop.  I hit the windows key and it loaded properly.  Worked on the laptop for about 5 hours with no problem.  Shut down last night and when I turned on the laptop this morning the screen showed the HP logo and a round circle of spinning dots.  Then it would reboot and do the same thing over and over again. 

Removed the battery and when the laptop booted up it just showed the HP logo and round circle of spinning dots BUT did not keep rebooting.

These are the steps I took to try and remedy the problem by following the directions from HP as follows:

1. Disconnected all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. Disconnected the AC power adapter and removed the battery. Held the power button down for 30 seconds. Reconnected the AC power adapter, but did not connect the battery.  - NO CHANGE IN PROBLEM
  2. Ran the Hardware Diagnostics Start-Up Test and no errors noted - NO CHANGE IN PROBLEM
  3. Removed and reseated memory modules - NOW COMPUTER WILL NOT TURN ON AT ALL
  4. Tried a new power supply - NO CHANGE IN PROBLEM
I HAVE AN HP PAVILION G7 2294NR LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 8.1 - PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users