Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

clownfish and virus

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ketanco

ketanco

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

I wanted to install clownfish on my computer for skype translator but instead of installing it, it installed everything else

one of them is called knctr

i can not uninstall this

i go to control panel and then find this program and hit uninstall but it says it can not uninstall it because some instances of it is still running

i went to task manager but didnt see any knctr

and now my internet starting to work weird... when i go to a site sometimes ads appear !!!

what should i do? please rescue me!!!

Edited by hamluis, 17 August 2014 - 09:57 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Try these instructions. Apparently it runs continuously in the background, so you have to shut it down first before you can uninstall it. http://knctr.com/uninstall/

It appears to be a VoIP program of some sort, although a not very trustworthy one.  http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Knctr-9763-program.aspx

#3 ketanco

ketanco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

thanks but when i right click it, as in the uninstall link you gave nothing happens and it is still in the tray

what should i do?

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

It doesn't give you the option to disable it or shut it down?

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Can you stop the process in task manager ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 ketanco

ketanco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

as i said before

i can not stop the process in the task manager and no it does not give me the option to disable it or shut down

#7 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

At this point, I would recommend asking the forum moderator to move this to the Am I infected? forum.

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Find   Itibiti.exe    in task manager.....kill it.......then uninstall using   Revo Uninstaller Free

Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
    From the list of programs double click on The Program to remove
    When prompted if you want to uninstall this program, click Yes.
    Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
    The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
    when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
    Once the program has searched for leftovers....(be patient here ! ) click Next.
    Check/tick the bolded items Only, then click  DELETE 
    When prompted click on Yes and then on next.   
    put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
    when prompted select yes then on next
    Once done click Finish.

How to use Revo Uninstaller

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#9 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Even if you can remove it with Revo, I still recommend treating this as a virus. If you look at the shouldiremoveit.com link, there are known malware issues with this program.

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

any luck ??

Keep me posted please.....we have more to do when you have done that.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users