Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Offline?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Hello. I've had a new HP laptop for a month or so now. I've got an old Brother MFC-8500 printer/copier/etc. After some struggle I got the printer to work with the new laptop. Now I'm trying to print a return label from a website and the computer won't recognize the printer. I've reinstalled the driver and rebooted.

The printer says ready. The computer in devices and printers says that the printer is offline. (Oddly the printer is in devices and printers as well as there being a different printer with copy 1).

What could be wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

So, after rebooting several times and unplugging and replugging the USB cable, this morning the printer is working with the computer. Not sure what happened. Any ideas?

Thanks.

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hello. This problem has started up again. The printer says "sleep." How do I wake it up? The printer in the device manager says error. I used the troubleshoot and it said the printer was not the default printer, but it was selected as the default printer. It seems that my laptop and the printer are not getting along. Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this issue? It is frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users