Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adsl Dmz connection ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigbox

bigbox

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

hello guys :)  I am problem I want how to my friend connect my windows with RDP 3389 but I am not open port 3389 solely  I am open dmz ?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

If you put your machine in the DMZ the port will be open, along with every other port.  This is normally not recommended.  Better to manually open that port on your router and point it to your machine.

#3 bigbox

bigbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

thanks you !! I am open dmz and scaning ports all ports closed result ??? I am interested question this . :busy:

Edited by bigbox, 17 August 2014 - 01:39 AM.

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Do a tracert yahoo.com via a command prompt and post the results for review.  Sounds like you maybe behind another private router.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

These ports may be blocked by your ISP.  Check their support site, normally they will have a page listing the ports that they block.  Here is Comcast's list of blocked ports, for example.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Usually ISPs don't block ports above the well known ports of 0-1023.  I have yet to encounter a ISP that blocks RDP at port 3389.  The requested tracert would tell us more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users