Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NIS 2014 vewijdert AdwCleaner 3.3.0.6 installatie bestand

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ricy

ricy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

Als ik het installatie bestand AdwCleaner 3.3.0.6 download dan verwijderd Norton Internet Security dit bestand onmiddellijk!

Als reden geeft NIS op :

WS.Reputation.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

If I install file AdwCleaner 3.3.0.6 download Norton Internet Security then deleted the file immediately!
NIS as a reason to give:
WS.Reputation.1

Google Translation has a problem with Dutch. Can you try English ??

Do you mean that Norton will not allow   you to download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop ??

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Temporarily Disable your Antivirus Try this as another answer ................

#4 ricy

ricy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

When I download the installation file AdwCleaner by Xplode and save it to my Desktop or other map

then Norton Internet Security 2014 deleted the file immediately an  gives as reason : WS.Reputation.1 !

#5 ricy

ricy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

This means that it's sure that adwcleaner will not harm my computer , what's the reason that NIS warns for WS.Reputation.1, when there is no danger !

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

See my explanation here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

And as I posted earlier, quite often you need to turn off your Antivirus Program so another program can run.

Temporarily Disable your Antivirus <<<= Try this as another answer ................ It usually works .  :wizardball:

#8 ricy

ricy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

Thanks for all the help,

I have disabled  NIS2014 and then let run adwarecleaner , so far there was nothing detected of adware :thumbup2:

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

You are welcome for the help. I picked up many of these tricks from quietman7 .

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Also let me provide you some reading material in regards to this detection

WS.Reputation.1 Summary

WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantecs community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantecs reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantecs tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.

WS.Reputation.1 Technical Details

...The system considers many aspects of a file, including file age, file download source, digital signature, and file prevalence. These attributes are combined using a proprietary algorithm to determine a files safety reputation. The system maintains a rating for all files rather than just malicious files. Each software file is given a GOOD, BAD or SUSPICIOUS rating. Symantecs reputation-based security engine continuously monitors all files and over time a files reputation may change.

Clarification on WS.Reputation.1 detection

There have been several recent posts about the WS.Reputation.1 detection. In order to clear things up, we thought it was important to explain this detection and provide more information about how you should deal with it...Now, like any security technology, there is a small chance that we have made a mistake on a file. We are constantly tuning the reputation system to avoid these problems, but they do occur on occasion. If you believe a file has been mistakenly detected by WS.Reputation.1, you can submit a dispute at https://submit.symantec.com/dispute/. This page is monitored 24 hours a day so that we can immediately begin to research and correct any issue.

What is WS.Reputation.1?

UPDATE FROM SYMANTEC

Since this has become a lengthy thread, we've updated this first post to provide useful information to new forum members. In the event that a file has been wrongly identified as WS.Reputation.1, please submit it here for review. For a workaround on this issue, please follow the directions in this post. I would also recommend that you review this post for information on why some of your files may be identified as WS.Reputation.1.

Reputation rating services use a system of volunteer testers that continually patrol the Internet to browse sites, and download files. All the results are documented and supplemented with feedback from users, Web site owners, and analysis from their own employees. Norton uses millions of it's own product users to compute a reputation score for an application in an effort to identify malicious software. While reputation tools are useful, they are not foolproof and sometimes may provide misleading or inaccurate information.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users