Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop does not start up due to heat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avz10

avz10

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

My desktop suddenly shut down while I was working onit (editing video), which seems to be as a result of the heat caused by a dirty/dusty fan.The motherboard was not damaged. The computer was cleaned, but has the following problem:

If I switch it on, the MSi motherboard sign appear and then the new Windows "blocks" as well as the dots that run in a circle.It does not progress, after approximately 5 minutes it sounds as if the desktop shuts down, but it does not and the cycle starts again.

I tried various options- to get into safe mode(this seems a big problem and I could not achieve it); unplugging the computer for a few hours;removed the cables from the 2TB drive (as Windows is installed in the 160GB  drive) and finally I decided to erase the 160GB drive, as most of the programmes I will be able to install again.I used DBAN on a disc, but the same cycle as previously described, happen. I am of the opinion,that if I can get into safe mood, I will be able to boot from the disc, delete,etc

Or are there any opinions or advice? It will obviously be easier if I do not need to clean the 160GB drive and re-install all the programmes.

The specs are:Windows 8.1 64 bit;one 160GB and one 2TB HD's; Intel Core i5-2300 CPU; 2.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-windows-8-in-safe-mode/

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users