Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win. 7 BSOD Win32k.sys STOP:050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slave2Society7

Slave2Society7

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hello everyone! Here I am again with a problem that needs solving.. fortunately, I always come here and everyone is kind and helpful. I have to go out for a couple hours so I have to submit this kinda fast. Anyway, I've been working on it all day and can't get it going.

What happened is my computer went out with a housewide power outage. Happens allll the time and never had a problem. 

But now I am getting the BSOD when it starts to try and load Windows.

I have NOT added any new hardware or software recently

I have no System Restore points

I have no System Image points

The System Check and Memory check said it could not detect the problem

I can not Boot in any safe mode

I do not have my Windows 7 CD or KEY

I've found others around the internet with the same problem and all the answers say something like "Hey! Download this so and so and run it "But I CAN'T because I can't get into windows! I need something that will boot on a disc and run a registry fix or something.

Anyway, I have to run! I'll add anymore info u need when I get back. There is the key information in the Topic of this post. And keep in mind that I run windows 64 bit.

THANKS in advance everyone!!

Colin

Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

The error message seems to indicate there is a hardware or possibly a driver issue. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx Trying starting from the Last Known Good Configuration. When the computer boots, hold down the F8 key, then select Last Known Good Configuration from the advanced boot options menu.

It's possible a power surge may have damaged the computer. Unplug it, open up the case and look at the capacitors on the motherboard. If the ends of any of them looked puffed out, or look like they are leaking, your motherboard was damaged.

EDIT: Another user, bwhisnant, found this article. This seems to be a known issue caused by Windows Update. The apparent solution is in the article. http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/users-find-fix-botched-kb-2982791-and-kb-2970228-windows-update-248476

Edited by sflatechguy, 15 August 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#3 Slave2Society7

Slave2Society7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Hello everyone! It seems that people with windows 7 64-bit are having this problem. Anyway, I wanted to share the solution before I took off. It has to do with deleting a file. I used Kaspersky's free bootable disk in order to get into the command prompt. I obviously had to use another computer in order to make the disc. So if you are having a similar problem then just follow my link to the threaf on this site that has all the info you need. God speed and good luck;)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544498/restart-loop-with-bsod/page-2#entry3449576
Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users