Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite L770-ST6nX1 will not turn on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coachbarton

Coachbarton

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Lap top was plugged in and working with full charge. Turned around and had blank screen and computer would not turn on.

I also leave it plugged in almost all the time, learned that can be bad.

Did this 3-4 times, took battery out and unplugged computer from adapter, held start button down for about 1 minute and tried to restart.

Used compressed air and blew into fans, a little dust came out.

Took battery out and tried to run straight from adapter – nothing

Replaced CMOS battery inside – nothing

Then took it to a computer repair store where they charged me $40 and suggested it was the CMOS battery or charger. So I purchased a new charger.

Plugged it in with new charger and turned it on. It worked and immediately showed the battery was at 98%. I ran a virus scan, disk cleaner, and played on it for about 1 hour. Then it died again.

When plugged in two of the lights come on white, and a third will some times come on orange. You can hear the DVD player clicking, but nothing works.

Was going to order a new battery for it, but curious why it does not work when plugged in to adapter without battery in.

Looking for any suggestions.

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2014 - 08:04 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gatorfan1

Gatorfan1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Even with the new charger you cant run it without a battery?

If you cannot run the laptop even with the (known good) charger minus battery, I would say the problem is with the laptop and not the battery/charger. Its hard to say with no information but I would say this is most likely going to be a motherboard problem.

Another possibility is that its just a bad screen. Use an external monitor and see if that is the case.

#3 Coachbarton

Coachbarton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

At the repair shop they said they checked with an external monitor and did not get anything.

Starting to sound like a motherboard.

Appreciate the input 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users