Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD card suddenly unmounted and empty?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hello people.

I just had this problem, I read in some forums that I should plug my SDcard in my PC with an adaptor so I could /chkdsk, but it doesn't work for me.

I only want to retrieve any files possible...

Help?

I have a Sony Xperia E, with the latest update for my android.

Thank you in advance :)

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Try to retrieve your files using Recuva.

#3 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Try to retrieve your files using Recuva.

Trying to access the card it gives me an "insert disk" error.

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

#4 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hey, sorry for not replying sooner.  I'm not too familiar with recuva but I've tested it in the past and it worked well.  I'm not sure why you're getting that error but I found this forum post that might help you.  The problem is not identical to yours but some of the info in that thread might be useful.

http://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=39879

#5 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hello thank you for replying!

I had this error because my usb card reader is a multi-reader and I had misplaced my SD card.

Though I can see it in disk management "Not partitioned". So, I try to hit right click and make a new volume.

"The device is not ready"...

Try to format it, "The device is not ready".

I 'm not sure if the post you linked me helped me... Still my windows won't access the disk.

I only want my files...

Recuva still doesnt recognize my card...

:(

#6 Ted Striker

Ted Striker

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hopefully someone else here will see this thread and will be able to provide more help.  I searched for that error message and found this thread - http://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=37942

If you aren't able to find an answer here I suggest you ask for help on their forum - http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=16

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users