Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default browser opens by itself multiple times.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gladeator404

gladeator404

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

I'm having a problem with my laptop, whatever the default browser is whether it's Google Chrome or Internet Explorer the browser opens rapidly over and over until i have to restart the system and when i do restart the problem persists. The only remedy i can seem to find would be taking out the battery and unplugging it from the power for a couple hours and the problem will stop for a while then come back. I've replaced the hard drive thinking that was the problem and the problem moved to that hard drive as well, then I system restored the hard drive to before this problem existed and it still continued to do it i even restored the computer to factory settings and it still happens. I don't have any antivirus sadly but i'm not to sure if that's the problem. I'm not sure if this is a virus or what it would just be good to get rid of it.  

Edited by hamluis, 15 August 2014 - 02:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

I suspect stuck keys on the keyboard. Try a USB keyboard (after disconnecting the built-in one).

Belay this post. I didn't realize it had been moved to AII.

Edited by ElfBane, 16 August 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#3 gladeator404

gladeator404
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Sadly that wasnt the problem. I put the harddrive into my old labtop and the problem happens again and if anything the windows open even faster than before..

#4 gladeator404

gladeator404
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

This problem is still happening.. if anyone has anyway of fixing it please help? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users