Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thebuigarian

thebuigarian

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

I booted my PC and got this message and honestly I am not knowledgeable enough to figure out how to fix this. 

I have no System Restore points

I have no System Image points

The System Check and Memory check said it could not detect the problem

I can not Boot in any safe mode

I do not have my Windows 7 CD or KEY

I do not mind deleting all the files on my computer I just want to still have a genuine copy of Windows 7

I just keep getting this blue screen with this information on it

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Attached Files

Edited by thebuigarian, 15 August 2014 - 11:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Did you recently add any hardware to the system? If so, remove it and see if the problem continues. If you haven't made any changes to your system recently, you could have a corrupt driver that may need to be replaced. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Try booting into safe mode and see if the problem occurs then.

If you can, go into Event Viewer and look for any and all error messages that were logged when the computer last blue screened, and post them here. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Or, download Debugging Tools for Windows or Blue Screen View and post the most recent minidump file results here.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

This seems to be caused by one of this week's Windows updates. There have been several people posting with this exact same problem. Solution appears to be to delete the font cache.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/blue-screen-stop-0x50-after-applying-update/6da4d264-02d8-458e-89e2-a78fe68766fd?page=1&tm=1408074004742

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/users-find-fix-botched-kb-2982791-and-kb-2970228-windows-update-248476

You'll need to get to a command prompt, either by booting from a DVD or pressing F8 when it boots and selecting the Windows Recovery Environment.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11028.how-to-access-windows-recovery-environment-in-windows-7.aspx

From there, select the command prompt window and type in

del c:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT

You may have to type in cd c:\ first, if the drive showing in the command prompt is x:\.

EDIT: You may want to give Condobloke's suggestion below a try first.

Edited by sflatechguy, 15 August 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

or....follow this...from THIS  microsoft page

After installing the Aug 12 patches, I had a problem on multiple Win7 x64 systems with BSOD before Windows login screen appeared

The BSOD was a win32k.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Error Code 0x50.  I was unable to use System Restore or Last Known Good Config to fix the issue.

After lots of trial and error and research, this is what worked for me:

Use DISM from a command prompt to remove 3 problematic updates (KB2976897, KB2982791, and KB2970228) from each affected system.  Process is described here in Scenario A, Option 3:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011/en-us

Also described below ...

1) Access the System Recovery Options. To do this, restart the computer and repeatedly tap the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, try again. Wait until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shut down and then restart your computer. You must remove any floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer before you restart.
Note If you cannot access the System Recovery options, use a Win7 install dvd.
2) Select Repair your Computer.
3) Select the language, and then log on to the computer.
   Note If you do not know the local password, you must start by using a Windows 7 DVD or USB bootable media. Then, access System Recovery Options.
4) Select Command Prompt from the menu.
5) At the command prompt, run the following command:
dism /image:C:\ /get-packages
   Note: If your windows install is on a different drive than C: then use that drive letter for these commands.
6) Search the results for security updates KB2976897, KB2982791, and KB2970228.
7) Note the exact the package name, and remove in this manner:
dism /image:C:\ /remove-package/PackageName:Package_for_KB2970228~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.2
   You receive a message that states that the uninstallation was successful.

dism /image:C:\ /remove-package /PackageName:Package_for_KB2976897~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0
dism /image:C:\ /remove-package /PackageName:Package_for_KB2982791~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1
8) Restart the computer into normal mode.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

#6 thebuigarian

thebuigarian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Thank you very much, sorry that I did not reply sooner, but I just got to trying this out and it worked. Again thank you for your help. My only next concern is how do I prevent this in the future? Is there anything I should do to not get those kind of updates again or should I just update normally?

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2014 - 07:04 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

All good ! I am happy to hear that worked for you.

I am not aware of any outcome re the August updates saga....so cannot comment there....yet.

These updates did not affect me....however, if they did, I would be turning auto updates Off....for the time being.

I would set  a SYSTEM RESTORE POINT as a matter of urgency

I would make a backup plan also as a matter of urgency.

To create a restore point
  • Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
  • In the left pane, click System protection. ...
  • Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.
  • In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-system-image-in-windows-7-8/

or

To back up your files
  • Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.
  • Do one of the following: If you've never used Windows Backup before, click Set up backup, and then follow the steps in the wizard.

or

There are many and various Backup type programs which are offered Free.

Among them

Be sure to save your backup to an external disc in case of HDD failure on your PC

There is also a rescue disc to create which sets the 'restore' function of macrium in motion.....be sure to create it.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

#8 thebuigarian

thebuigarian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thank you, I will do all of this tonight, you have been very helpful!!

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2014 - 07:03 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users