Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alternative to Nero Video 2014?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

Hi all,

I have become fed up with Nero, its bloated application and bundled garbage that comes with it (OpenCandy).

You would think that if these people are going to bundle something into their download which they claim is harmless (and may well be - but that's not the point) they would advise you about it, use a name that does not sound like a virus and test it to see if it sets off ay anti virus/anti malware/anti spyware software applications.

Anyway, I am looking for an alternative that provides the same , if not better video editing performance and features than Nero Video 2014 and was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent, paid for (not looking for any free software) product?

So far, I have looked at Camtasia, which looked like a very easy to use and decent product for what it is designed for (and probably should be for the $300 they are asking for it). But I am not really looking for software that enables screen capture - the video editing side of things is the most important aspect to me - how the final product looks.

Any suggestions would be apprenticed as I have used Nero exclusively for years.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ImgOverride

ImgOverride

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hello, I don't know if it still matters to you, but I was looking for the same answer, but there was no answer to be found in the good old forum style. It was so sad to once again come to terrible realization people don't care about doing productive stuff in forums anymore that I decided to reply even though it might be too little too late.

Anyhow, after reading here and there, I think I found some decent answer to this question. Try InfraRecorder.

There, hopefully this helps someone wondering and searching about this. You know people? If everyone who looks, finds and posts an answer to one, just ONE answer in a forum, we'd start having millions of answers online overnight. This is what the internet was originally supposed to be for: research.

Regards,

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Corel Video Studio Pro X7 is a good alternative, available here.

https://store.videostudiopro.com/1184/purl-ATG_PID_HPBanner_VSproX7?hptrack=us2bb5

I use Video Studio Pro X4, and it is quite full featured.

Edited by GB2064, 14 January 2015 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users