Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is wmpnetwk.dll and how can i remove it if i have to

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 william87

william87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

today i turned on my computer and seen rpcqt.dll pop up for the i dont know how many times but i have been seeing it for a long time now and i fixed it from going to this website and followed the nice guild here and then restarted my computer to see if that pop up stopped and kinda did but it didnt now it says "there was a problem starting  C:\User\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\wmpnetwk.dll

C:\User\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\wmpnetwk.dll is not a valid Win32 application."

plz help i dont want to see these dll pop up no more viper antivirus doesn't say i have any issues besides that it out of subscription

Edited by hamluis, 14 August 2014 - 08:34 PM.
Moved to AII from Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

The wmpnetwk.exe file is used by Windows Media Player network sharing.

However, the location of this file indicates it may be a Trojan BitCoin miner:

You should ask the forum moderator to move this to the Am I Infected? forum.

#3 william87

william87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

today i turned on my computer and seen rpcqt.dll pop up for the i dont know how many times but i have been seeing it for a long time now and i fixed it from going to this website and followed the nice guild here and then restarted my computer to see if that pop up stopped and kinda did but it didnt now it says "there was a problem starting  C:\User\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\wmpnetwk.dll

C:\User\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\wmpnetwk.dll is not a valid Win32 application."

plz help i dont want to see these dll pop up no more viper antivirus doesn't say i have any issues besides that it out of subscription

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Moved to AII.

Louis

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Posts merged here...

This is a malware file according to Virustotal.

see
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/fbcfc2edd8b61f92bc15c07b2bb19597eab84b0cdac843d07229f0c73989829d/analysis/1400026612/

Did this appear after scanning or have you not yet cleaned the machine?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users