Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft considered renaming Internet Explorer to escape its checkered past

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Microsoft has had "passionate" discussions about renaming Internet Explorer to distance the browser from its tarnished image, according to answers from members of the developer team given in a reddit Ask Me Anything session today.

In spite of significant investment in the browser—with the result that Internet Explorer 11 is really quite good—many still regard the browser with contempt, soured on it by the lengthy period of neglect that came after the release of the once-dominant version 6. Microsoft has been working to court developers and get them to give the browser a second look, but the company still faces an uphill challenge.

Microsoft considered renaming Internet Explorer to escape its checkered past

My 2cents worth.

I have an idea, Internet Exploiter, Back door's Galore,  NSA Trojan , Just a few suggestions there for M$ :hysterical:

Edited by NickAu1, 14 August 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

I have an idea, Internet Exploiter, Back door's Galore,  NSA Trojan , Just a few suggestions there for M$ :hysterical:

How 'bout Internet Ex-PLODE-r  biggrin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users