Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linking two Laptops to share programs?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RomeoWhiskey

RomeoWhiskey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Good afternoon guys,

I'm looking into streaming but as i only have a laptop it is giving me lower frame rates than I would like whilst running the programs and the streaming software.

My question is: Can I link two of my laptops together so that the 1st laptop is running the program I wish to stream, and the second laptop is running the streaming software while capturing the 1st laptop's screen?

I have managed to access each laptop wirelessley but it only seems to e for file sharing, I have also plugged in a HDMI cable to connect both laptops but the screens don't seem to connect.

Basically I want to be using the program on Laptop 1 and have laptop 2 running the streaming software and capturing the 1st laptop's screen so it is not putting too much strain on laptop 1. 

I've Googled around but only seem to find tutorials on how to connect laptops over the network to file share and download software so that my mouse and external keyboard works on two separate machines.

The streaming software I am using is 'Xsplit' if that helps out.

Thank you in advance!

RomeoWhiskey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users