Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

window HP crashed on toshiba satellite laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lcox

lcox

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hi

Please could someone help. I am trying to recover .pst files backup folder for outlook express 10 on a crashed hard drive. I have recovered all the other files except for the outlook folder which is proving elusive, but really important as it is for work. I have tried several programs and managed to find a couple of saved emails but not the folder. I cannot find the link in user or document.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

is there a file called DNREP?

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

This is your 3rd post on this issue, please try to stick to one thread, in others you said outlook which is very different than outlook express, outlook express no longer exists, it is now "windows live mail".

The database for outlook express is not a *.pst, it is a *.dbx you can read this article: http://ask-leo.com/where_does_outlook_express_put_my_mail_folders.html

If it was outlook express (windows xp) then the *.dbx might be in: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\local settings\AppData\Microsoft\identities\outlook express (something like this, I have not done a backup with express in a while but the folder that contains the info should be identities, that folder may be in roaming\appdata).

If it was windows Vista or 7 then it might be: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail...

Your contacts will be a *.wab file. ---> http://support.postbox-inc.com/hc/en-us/articles/202199840-Import-Outlook-Express-Windows-Address-Book-wab-files-

Edited by zingo156, 15 August 2014 - 09:37 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

It might be easiest to do a search for these files, double click on the hard drive in your computer to open the root folder, then in the search bar type in exactly:    *.dbx

For the wab file it will be:   *.wab

Edited by zingo156, 14 August 2014 - 11:08 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users