Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus And System Alert

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rainydaze

rainydaze

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

Hello
I keep getting this Virus Alert! popup saying my computer is infected and if I click on it, it takes me to this site spywarequake which says I need to download the program in order to get rid of it. and then another popup that takes me to antivirusgolden
I've tried a few programs to get rid of them, as of yet nothing has helped.
Any Help would be much appreciated. Thank You

Edited by rainydaze, 03 June 2006 - 10:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hi rainydaze
Please see this topic:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic41975.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

Hello rainydaze, welcome to BC.

You do have quite a few nasties showing in you HJT log,some such as newdotnet (which has hijacked your browser) will possibly take other programmes in order to delete them,but dont worry,they can be sorted.

You need to repost this into the High Jack This forum and the team will help you with your problem.
Please read the instructions provided in that forum and also allow up to 5 days for someone to get back to you,it's pretty busy in there at the moment. They will help you sort things out though and make things clean again! :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#4 rainydaze

rainydaze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:21 AM

OK sorry about posting here, will post in the other forum stated above.
Thank you for your help :thumbsup:

Edited by rainydaze, 03 June 2006 - 10:22 AM.

#5 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

Once your HJT log has been posted, please DO NOT alter your computer (install things, delete things, uninstall things, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member! Good luck on cleaning your computer! :thumbsup:
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

#6 rainydaze

rainydaze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

Ok, I think I need to reboot my pc, everytime I turn the computer on system32 is the first thing that pops open and I have no clue why. could someone help me out? thanks

#7 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

Please wait until after a HJT Team Member gives you cleaning advice. Your log has been posted and it could be harmful to alter your computer and then use the cleaning instructions given by a HJT Team member.
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users