Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8.1 preinstalled on new computer, or my own 8.1 disc (wipe preinstalled)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

I am thinking about buying a new Windows 8.1 computer with the money saved up until Christmas. I was wondering if I should just keep the Windows 8.1 that is preinstalled or just obtain a 8.1 disc and wipe the system when I buy it and start fresh. I am not sure if computers nowadays still come preloaded with bloatware and trial software and that's why I just want a disc. but then again, there could also be tools that is essential for the computer on the preinstalled 8.1. also taking drivers into consideration, what should I do about a new computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

If you buy the machine I don't think you're going to get a disk.  You can use PC Decrapifier to remove all of the bloatware.  If you buy from one of the larger PC manufacturers you should be able to download any drivers and tools from their website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users