Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen capture problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SmartasaRock

SmartasaRock

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Hi, I've been using photoscape, a free program that edits photos for years and using it for screen captures. Well, I noticed that every time I tried to do a screen capture with it since yesterday the program would disappear from view, not get the screen capture and only be showing in the processes. I assumed there was something specifically wrong with the program after several attempts and having to end the process, as it was frozen. So, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Same problem. So, trying to screen cap a frozen frame on a streaming video I downloaded another program, another free program, to do it called screencapturer. Same prolem. Program disappears from view, no capture takes place. Exactly the same. So, I downloaded a firefox browser application that is meant to take screen captures. This time it worked, except it only gets the non-video portion of the page. The box or window with the video only shows up blacked out. I'm used to that happening with certain screen capture programs not getting the image in a video box but my tried and true capturer for the same purpose, the Photoscape, what could be causing that and the other program to be incapable of getting a cap of a video all of a sudden? Thanks for any input. I'm not away of any change to my system since the last time I tried to use the program for this either.

Before you judge me, know that when I do something wrong it's because I'm an idiot, not because I'm evil.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

Hi,

Just as a thought, why dont you use Windows Snipping tool.........?

Regards.

:smash:

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#3 SmartasaRock

SmartasaRock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Not on my computer, never heard of it and don't see a place I can download it.

Before you judge me, know that when I do something wrong it's because I'm an idiot, not because I'm evil.

#4 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Hi,

You are running Windows 7 ?

Start menu / programs / accessories / snipping tool.

Comes as part of operating system in Vista ,Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Regards.

:smash:

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,093 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

Snipping Tool

Louis

#6 SmartasaRock

SmartasaRock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Ham and Bonn, okay, I searched for it and it said there were no results for it when Bonn mentioned it earlier. I looked it up and saw that it didn't come with every package. But when I double checked by not doing a search but going to the location Ham said, there it was. Never seen it or heard of it. I wonder what else I've missed that might be on this thing. I checked and the tool works for the purpose I needed it, thank you. I still wonder why the other programs stopped working though. I guess if this snipping tool works and I don't see any other problems I won't worry about it. Thanks again, both of you. :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users