Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Acer Aspire E1-571G laptop not starting at all

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeny Oston

Jeny Oston

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

While I was working on my laptop with the power cord on, it suddenly got turned off with a little sound as if something burnt. Now even if I plugged in the power cord, it doesn't show anything on my laptop. I checked my power cord & it's working fine. I even tried to reset my laptop by removing battery & adapter & hold the power button for 30 sec but all in vain. What could be the problem with my laptop & how to detect & solve it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in adv.!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

If the battery doesn't power it and the adapter doesn't power it then I suspect the MB and/or CPU. If the CPU fried then the lappy will exhibit your symptoms. If the lappys input power circuits are on a separate board, then that may have fried, and replacing that may be cheaper. But if that isn't the case then the entire MB would have to be replaced. It's also possible a peripheral may have shorted taking out the lappys ability to power up. You can disconnect the optical drive and see if that is the case. Technical skill with PCs are desired with the above advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users