Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Monitor's display keep resetting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PinkDonkey

PinkDonkey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Ok... so everytime I restart/sleep/turn off my computer, the display of the monitor resets after the computer comes back on, and then I'll have to redo and fix the display by changing the brightness, contrast and colors (Now, the screen is all black after restarting/sleep/turn off) <-- all the options for brightness, contrast and colors become 0%.

If you are wondering what monitor I'm using right now and Graphics card, here are all the infos.

For the monitor, I am using ASUS Pb238

I am currently using Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (6.3, build 9600)

System Manufacturer is a LENOVO

System model would be 7258B3U

Processor: Pentium ® Dual Core CPU

I am using AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series 

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683F)

if you guys need anymore infos about my computer, please ask. AND PLEASE try and help me :( I'm really really getting tired of changing the brightness, contrast and colors everytime I open my computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Welcome,

Have you done a control panel uninstall, reboot and reinstall of the video drivers? Also, are you using the latest versions of those drivers?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 PinkDonkey

PinkDonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

no I haven't, and I did check my drivers, theya re up to date. I'll let you guys know after I uninstall reboot and reinstall the video drivers.

#4 Zerue

Zerue

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Is the monitor working properly earlier?

If yes do you remember doing something before the issue occurred?

What happened after re-installing the drivers? Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

If I am helping you but failed to reply within 24 hours, send me a PM.

------------------------------------

Please read these guides:

Before you post a problem

Provide system specifications

Advice on building your system

#5 PinkDonkey

PinkDonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Cheers!

The Monitor worked properly before! and I only bought this monitor last fall. Before the issue occured, I began changing the splendid mode to theater mode many times, because I enjoyed watching movies on my computer (I'd change back the splendid Mode to Standard mode every time I finish a movie). Then after a week and days or so, I began to notice some changes in my monitor, it seemed like every time I turn on my computer from sleep/shutdown, my monitor would have this "tinted" color,  sometimes it'd be green tint,  and sometimes it would be pink. A few days later, I decided to change my room a bit, so basically I had to move my computer near the windows. After the changes in my room, I turned on my computer, then my monitor turned out black!. I checked the display settings, and I found out that all the colors/brightness/contrast have been reseted to 0; therefore, I had to fix them myself! then my monitor is back to normal. However, the way I fixed it will not stay that long, every time I turn on my computer from sleep/restart/shutdown, the display settings would go back to 0 and I'd have to fix it again.

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

If none of your other settings are being lost in the process it sounds like the graphics card may be failing.

If you have another one that you can use for a test, try it and see if that makes any difference

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#7 Zerue

Zerue

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Cheers!

The Monitor worked properly before! and I only bought this monitor last fall. Before the issue occured, I began changing the splendid mode to theater mode many times, because I enjoyed watching movies on my computer (I'd change back the splendid Mode to Standard mode every time I finish a movie). Then after a week and days or so, I began to notice some changes in my monitor, it seemed like every time I turn on my computer from sleep/shutdown, my monitor would have this "tinted" color,  sometimes it'd be green tint,  and sometimes it would be pink. A few days later, I decided to change my room a bit, so basically I had to move my computer near the windows. After the changes in my room, I turned on my computer, then my monitor turned out black!. I checked the display settings, and I found out that all the colors/brightness/contrast have been reseted to 0; therefore, I had to fix them myself! then my monitor is back to normal. However, the way I fixed it will not stay that long, every time I turn on my computer from sleep/restart/shutdown, the display settings would go back to 0 and I'd have to fix it again.

I agree with the previous poster, it sounds like your GPU is having an issue, if not, nearing it's lifespan. Just to isolate the problem a bit more, you can also try connecting your monitor to the onboard graphics or to another computer and see if the monitor is the problem.

Cheers!

If I am helping you but failed to reply within 24 hours, send me a PM.

------------------------------------

Please read these guides:

Before you post a problem

Provide system specifications

Advice on building your system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users