Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kim_W

Kim_W

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

I started receiving this error yesterday C:\PROGRA~1\MESHA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngr.dll is either not designed to run on windows, or it contains an error. This error box pops up over and over, multiple times a day. I am also having problems with windows updates, every time I try to check for updates, I get this error code 80070490. I am also unable to do a system restore, it says an error has occurred. I'm not sure if these issues are related, or if they are totally separate. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.  :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hello Kim, what is your Operating System?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Kim_W

Kim_W
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

I am running Windows Vista. Thank you for such a quick response.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

You're welcome....

Press Windows + R key and type

appwiz.cpl and click ok

Uninstall IMESH from your add or remove programs list

If that doesn't work, download

http://download.sysinternals.com/files/AutoRuns.zip

Extract and launch Autoruns

You should find the exact entry ,just disable it

If you do not have IMESH application installed ,you can manually browse to the folder and delete it

good luck
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Kim_W

Kim_W
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Thank you so much! I downloaded Autoruns and found the exact entry, and deleted it. So far, so good. No more error messages. Once again, thank you, I appreciate your help..  :thumbsup2:

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Great!! :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users